Thursday, July 21, 2011

I have a legal question?

I have 2 charges against me in municipal court, 1 domestic violence and 1 criminal trespass, which ultimately lead to my ex garnering a restraining order against me. My question is this, in the state of new jersey when a final restraining order has been issued when should I have it repealed. I mean both charges were found in municipal court. I am not saying I was not at fault I am saying that I want to fix and change everything that has happened. turn a new leaf so to speak. my actions and all of these cases against me have hampered my chances of gaining a better job for myself. I have a son and right now I am stuck in a dead end job because I fear that if i apply anywhere else they will do a background check and find out all of these things against me I wouldn't be able to work anywhere even if I wanted too. All I am saying is I am under the understanding that to get a judge to remotely even budge on a restraining order you have to at least have a clean record. I was figuring I would wait to have my previous charges expunged in the state of new jersey (apparently you have to wait 2 years after the last conviction) and then push to have my restraining order appealed. My other question is as far as finding employment do I have to tell future employers of my past. Remember all charges were found in municipal courts and not felonies or criminal charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment